Saturday, March 16, 2013

Flying

Most of the people I know go to college with someone from home they know well and stay friends with forever. Others become best friends with people from all over.

Me, I become friends with people from home that I've known forever but never really known.

Case in point: Emily, Jack, and Corey.

I've at least known who these three were for years. But it wasn't until recently that I really got to know them. 

Emily is Haley's roommate (and my roommate next year!) so we had no choice but to be friends starting this fall. We're so similar in so many ways that we hit it off instantly and have become great friends.

Jack started hanging out with us occasionally this fall. That hanging out time has increased greatly as of late. Which is fine by us because he's wonderful and can make anyone laugh with one of his stories.

Corey is the newest addition to the crew as he didn't move down to Provo until January. But he has been an integral part of our group ever since.

Yesterday, Emily texted me and asked if I wanted to go flying with her, Jack, and Corey. See, Corey's dad flies planes and was planning on taking them up. Obviously I said yes! Like I could pass up that opportunity!

It honestly was one of the coolest things I've ever done. It is kind of a surreal feeling, flying through the air like that. We were low enough that we could see everything below us. He took us to fly over our houses, chase some ducks, see downtown Salt Lake, and to the Bountiful temple, with a gorgeous sunset as the backdrop for the entirety of the trip. I don't think I stopped smiling the entire time. Everything looked so tiny, just like little toys. I had never realized how many planes and helicopters are constantly flying over our heads. Seriously, there were so many people communicating over the radio it was nuts!




 It was also just fun to see how much Jack and Corey know about planes. They have spent a lot of time helping Corey's dad fix planes and flying with him, so they know a lot. After we landed they showed us around the hangars a little and told us about the projects Corey's dad is working on.

Such a fun night and cool, once-in-a-lifetime experience!

2 comments:

Peter Jones said...

Looks fun! Was this a date?

Peter Jones said...

Obviously from Alicia...